Designing a solution through programming
This page will help you organize and understand the requirements for designing a solution through programming
The solution is an integral part of the course. It enables students to demonstrateProve or make clear by reasoning or evidence, illustrating with examples or practical application. the application of their skills and knowledge, and to pursue their personal interests.
Frequently asked questions
The requirement of the internal assessment is to develop a solution for a specified client to a specified problem or an unanswered question.
How will I be marked?
This component is internally assessed by the teacher and externally moderated by the IB at the end of the course. You will be marked on each of the following criteria:
- Solution overview
- Functionality and extensibility of product
- The term “solution” refers to all the work submitted by the student for the internal assessment; the term “product” refers to the completed software only. The product is a subset of the solution.
- The terms “developer” and “student” are synonymous.
- The term “client” refers to the person for whom the product is being developed. The student may also be the client.
- The term “adviser” refers to a third party the student must identifyProvide an answer from a number of possibilities. Recognize and state briefly a distinguishing fact or feature. to assist him or her in the development of the product.
3 scenarios in developing a product
- The student is developing the product for a third party who is the client and also acts as the adviser.
- The student is developing the product for a third party who is the client. Another person acts as the adviser.
- The student is the client (developing the product for himself or herself). An appropriate adult must act as the adviser.
Requirements of the solution
- a cover page that follows the prescribed format
- a product
- supporting documentation (word limit 2,000 words)
You can earn a maximum of 34 marks for your solution. 30 hours are allocated for the solution.