From Computer Science Wiki
Big ideas in resources management
Role of the operating system
- IdentifyProvide an answer from a number of possibilities. Recognize and state briefly a distinguishing fact or feature. the resources that need to be managed within a computer system.
- EvaluateAssess the implications and limitations; make judgments about the ideas, works, solutions or methods in relation to selected criteria. the resources available in a variety of computer systems.
- IdentifyProvide an answer from a number of possibilities. Recognize and state briefly a distinguishing fact or feature. the limitations of a range of resources in a specified computer system.
- DescribeGive a detailed account or picture of a situation, event, pattern or process. the possible problems resulting from the limitations in the resources in a computer system.
- ExplainGive a detailed account including reasons or causes. the role of the operating system in terms of managing memory, peripherals and hardware interfaces.
- OutlineGive a brief account. OS resource management techniques: scheduling, policies, multitasking, virtual memory, paging, interrupt, polling.
- DiscussOffer a considered and balanced review that includes a range of arguments, factors or hypotheses. Opinions or conclusions should be presented clearly and supported by appropriate evidence. the advantages of producing a dedicated operating system for a device.
- OutlineGive a brief account. how an operating system hides the complexity of the hardware from users and applications.