- 1 Preamble
- 1.1 My Principles
- 1.2 Personal Information Bill Collects
- 1.3 What Bill Does with Personal Information
- 1.4 Participating in Our Community
- 1.5 Disclosures of Personal Information
- 1.6 Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
- 1.7 Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
- 1.8 Reorganization or Spin-Offs
- 1.9 Children
- 1.10 Third-Party Sites
- 1.11 Special Note to International Users
- 1.14 Questions?
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through my Services, or that I gather as a result of your use of my Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If Bill is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided I have collected and retained an email address for you, Bill will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Bill is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information Bill Collects
I may collect personal information through my Services, including without limitation:
- when you provide me with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive updates from Bill;
- when you subscribe to one of my email discussion lists;
- when you donate money to me or purchase merchandise;
- when you create an account;
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums or wiki's I make available through my Services.
What Bill Does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters
I use the personal information you provide to me when you send me emails or sign up to receive updates from Bill in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and campaigns. When you subscribe to updates from me, your email address is sent to and stored in a database hosted on Bills’ servers that can only be accessed by Bill, his staff and contractors. When you subscribe to one of my email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored by Bill, or another service with which Bill has engaged to provide email support. Personal information submitted as part of my email discussion lists is used for the purpose of managing the discussion lists. Your name and email address will typically be visible to other listGive a sequence of brief answers with no explanation. participants when you correspond on the listGive a sequence of brief answers with no explanation. and to the general public in the discussion archives. All emails sent to the discussions lists are publicly archived.
If you sign up for an event hosted or run by Bill , I may share your personal information with vendors and third party contractors solely for the purpose of organizing and running the event.
When you donate money to me or purchase merchandise via my support page, your personal information will be handled depending on which option you choose.
- If you purchase merchandise from Bill's store your personal information will be used for the purpose of sending you the items you purchased. If you sign up to receive updates from Bill when you check out from the store, I will use your personal information to send you communications about news and campaigns.
Participating in Our Community
Disclosures of Personal Information
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
Bill has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Bill stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent my security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. I will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
My Data Usage Policy covers how I maintain and use information about you that is collected by my Services.
Non Personal Browsing Information I Collect
When you use the Services, my servers (which are hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
I do not intentionally link browsing information or information from my server logs to the personal information you submit to me. I use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve my Services, and for systems administration purposes. Bill may use a third party analytics provider to help me collect and analyzeBreak down in order to bring out the essential elements or structure. To identify parts and relationships, and to interpret information to reach conclusions. non personal browsing information through operation of my Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
Bill discards non personal browsing information once I have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users