When we move data from one system to another we transfer it. However, when you aim to permanently move data (most commonly when you are building a new system), we can say you are migrating data. Please know this is almost always a deliberate process.
The listGive a sequence of brief answers with no explanation. below is used with gratitude from the Dartford Grammar School . The listGive a sequence of brief answers with no explanation. represent types of problems we can encounter when we migrate data:
- Incompatible file formats
- Data structure differences
- Validation rules
- Incomplete data transfers
- International conventions on dates
- Currencies & character set
- DiscussOffer a considered and balanced review that includes a range of arguments, factors or hypotheses. Opinions or conclusions should be presented clearly and supported by appropriate evidence. problems that may arise as a part of data migration.