Content gratefully used with permission 
For example, consider the following line of text:
My cat is very grumpy
If we wanted the text to stand by itself, we could specify that it is a paragraph by enclosing it in a paragraph element:
<p>My cat is very grumpy</p>
Note: Tags in HTML are case-insensitive. This means they can be written in uppercase or lowercase. For example, a <title> tag could be written as <title>, <TITLE>, <Title>, <TiTlE>, etc., and it will work. However, it is best practice to write all tags in lowercase for consistency, readability, and other reasons.
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) elements historically were categorized as either "block-level" elements or "inline-level" elements. Since this is a presentational characteristic it is nowadays specified by CSS in the Flow Layout. Inline elements are those which only occupy the space bounded by the tags defining the element, instead of breaking the flow of the content.
Do I understand this? (part 1)
List of some HTML elements
You should be familiar with these tags.
- html - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/html
- head - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/head
- title - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/title
- link - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/link
- body - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/body
- h1 through h6 - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/Heading_Elements
- p - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/p
- div - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/div
- ol - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/ol
- li - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/li
- ul - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/ul
- a - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a
- br - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/br
- small - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/small
- span - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/span
- img -https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/img
Do I understand this? (part 2)
- Good site for choosing HTML colors
- Excellent reference for HTML
- Specification for HTML 5
- Official HTML documentation
- A list of HTML elements
Give a sequence of brief answers with no explanation.