What are we going to learn today?
Welcome to IB Computer Science!
- Network Revision
- Python group 4 notes
- Update visual studio code
- Identify different types of networks.
- Outline the importance of standards in the construction of networks.
- Describe how communication over networks is broken down into different layers.
- Define the terms: protocol, data packet.
- Explain why protocols are necessary.
- Explain why the speed of data transmission across a network can vary.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of wireless networks.
- Describe the hardware and software components of a wireless network.
- Describe the characteristics of wireless networks.
- Explain how data is transmitted by packet switching.
- Outline the characteristics of different transmission media.
- Identify the technologies required to provide a VPN.
- Evaluate the use of a VPN.
- Explain why compression of data is often necessary when transmitting across a network.
- Describe the different methods of network security.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each method of network security.
What is our home learning?
Please refer to google classroom.
How am I being assessed today?
I will assess you formatively today, and make a professional judgement to what extent you understand our learning material. I will use observation, your written work, answers to questions, and contribution to class discussions as data to make my decisions.
I will also ask you to complete a self-assessment which I will use to help me gauge how well you think you understand our material in class.