- I can outlineGive a brief account. OS resource management techniques: scheduling, policies, multitasking, virtual memory, paging, interrupt, polling.
- I can outlineGive a brief account. how an operating system hides the complexity of the hardware from users and applications.
Plan for our day
- please break into groups and answer our question of the day
- Please restart your computer in verbose mode (hold down V key)
- please open console.log
- we will learn and practice reading a console
- we will learn and practice searching
- We will learn and practice looking at processes
- we will learn about process hierarchy
- parent / child
- we will visualize processes (activity monitor -> view -> all processes hierarchically)
- we will update frequency so you can see what your CPU is doing
- We will exploreUndertake a systematic process of discovery file i/o from your disk.
- sudo fssudo fs_usage -f filesys
- Please carefully follow these instructions and email me a link to your section A. Please look at the exemplar, which is very good.
- Please carefully follow these instructions and email me a link to your section B.
- If you are done, please ask a fellow student to look at your work, and assign a grade using the rubric on the above documents.