What are we going to learn today?
Hello wonderful class :-)
- We will discussOffer a considered and balanced review that includes a range of arguments, factors or hypotheses. Opinions or conclusions should be presented clearly and supported by appropriate evidence. the standards covered for our exam in our next class
- We will work through a computational thinking problem
- I teach 5 classes. I am interested in creating a system to randomly call on students in my classes. I would prefer not to call on the same student twice during one class. At the end of a class, I would like to know who I called and who I did not call on. Please reflect on your computational thinking skills & ask me questions which will help you designProduce a plan, simulation or model. this system. Then, please write this system in pseudocode.
What is our homework?
- Please login to our wiki and do some work on your wiki article.
- Please complete your topic for our 2018 case study. Your individual assignments are here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XWjJzdVOXkPThRT02YrO4cql_hcWu2hPVbqJ-V2QwAc/edit?usp=sharing
How am I being assessed today?
I will assess you formatively today, and make a professional judgement to what extentConsider the merits or otherwise of an argument or concept. Opinions and conclusions should be presented clearly and supported with appropriate evidence and sound argument. you understand our learning material. I will use observation, your written work, answers to questions, and contribution to class discussions as data to make my decisions. I normally record my observations in a "evidence of learning" spreadsheet, which I will happily share with you privately if you so wish. I usually need a day or two notice.
I may ask you to complete a self-assessment which will help me understand how well you understand our material for the day.