What are we going to learn today?
Welcome to IB Computer Science!
- I have met my teacher, and learned about his hopes, dreams, and goals
- I have introduced myself and discussed what I hope to learn and my goals
- I have seen the "big ideas" in computer science, and I've seen the week-by-week plan
- I've backed up my computer and scheduled a time to re-image it
- I have thought through our first problem and been introduced to computational thinking
- I have had some of my questions answered and thought of some more
What is our home learning?
- Hey! It's your first day and you probably don't even have your computers yet. Please just come to our next class with questions or wonderings about computer science or this class.
How am I being assessed today?
I will assess you formatively today, and make a professional judgement to what extent you understand our learning material. I will use observation, your written work, answers to questions, and contribution to class discussions as data to make my decisions.
I will also ask you to complete a self-assessment which I will use to help me guage how well you think you understand our material in class.
As a computer scientist, you have:
- Confidence in dealing with complexity
- Persistence in working with difficult problems
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- The ability to deal with open-ended problems
- The ability to communicate and work with others to achieve a common goal or solution