A safety-related system consists of hardware, software and human aspects which are required to perform one or more safety functions. In additions, safety-related systems are those that do not have full responsibility for controlling hazards such as loss of life, severe injury or severe environmental damage. 
The failure of a safety-critical system may result in one (or more) of the following outcomes :
- death or serious injury to people - loss or severe damage to equipment or property - environmental harm
<ref>the url I cited by material from</ref>
How does it work or a deeper look
- If you are discussing a THING YOU CAN TOUCH, you must explainGive a detailed account including reasons or causes. how it works, and the parts it is made of. Google around for an "exploded technical diagram" of your thing, maybe like this example of an MRI It is likely you will reference outside links. Please attribute your work.
- If you are discussing a PROCESS OR ABSTRACT CONCEPT (like fuzzy logic) you must deeply explainGive a detailed account including reasons or causes. how it works.
Please include some example of how your concept is actually used. Your example must include WHERE it is used, and WHAT IS BENEFIT of it being used.
Pictures and diagrams go a LONG way to helping someone understand a topic. Especially if your topic is a little abstract or complex. Using a picture or diagram is a two part process:
- It would be helpful
- to include many links
- to other internet resources
- to help fellow students
- Please make sure the content is good
- and don't link to a google search results, please