Transaction processing system (TPS)
Transaction Processing System is a type of information processing system, software and hardware combination, which supports Transaction processing. Transaction processing is a type of computer processing in which each individual indivisible task, called a transaction, is worked upon and executed as and when it comes. The response to requests is immediate. In contrast to this is batch processing in which a batch of requests are stored and then executed all at once. A transaction Processing System is also used to collect, store, retrieve and modify transactions executed by an organization.¹ Characteristics of a TPS include performance, reliability and consistency.²
<ref>the url I cited by material from</ref>
How does it work or a deeper look
- If you are discussing a THING YOU CAN TOUCH, you must explain how it works, and the parts it is made of. Google around for an "exploded technical diagram" of your thing, maybe like this example of an MRI It is likely you will reference outside links. Please attribute your work.
- If you are discussing a PROCESS OR ABSTRACT CONCEPT (like fuzzy logic) you must deeply explain how it works.
- Airline reservation systems - Electronic transfer of funds - Bank account processing systems
TPS are designed to process routine business transactions. Seeks time & cost efficiency by automating repetitive operations in large volumes.³
Please include some example of how your concept is actually used. Your example must include WHERE it is used, and WHAT IS BENEFIT of it being used.
Pictures and diagrams go a LONG way to helping someone understand a topic. Especially if your topic is a little abstract or complex. Using a picture or diagram is a two part process:
- It would be helpful
- to include many links
- to other internet resources
- to help fellow students
- Please make sure the content is good
- and don't link to a google search results, please
¹. https://www.mbaskool.com/business-concepts/it-and-systems/7132-transaction-processing-system.html ². https://www.techopedia.com/definition/707/transaction-process-system-tps ³. https://www.slideshare.net/mohammedkashifulla/tps-final-50461281