What are we going to learn today?
- Watch this video and ensure your PHPStorm connection settings are correct. Pay attention to detail. https://youtu.be/mm1pnvjgxgU
- You know the framework for listing users, editing users, and deleting users. Your task today will be to use those files as TEMPLATES to create something more useful, keeping track of games.
- step 1: https://youtu.be/s-IAcyD9-vA
- step 2: https://youtu.be/iOLN6xy5R9w
- step 3: https://youtu.be/yjXUbPaX2FY
- step 4: https://youtu.be/XovLAqdJOeg (oops! I made a couple of minor mistakes in step 3)
- step 5: https://youtu.be/4HancGs6oq8
- step 6: https://youtu.be/vTi2QiQfLsI fixing some issues with fetching rows
- step 7: sanitizing data input: https://youtu.be/aJYq6ugEacw
- step 8: https://youtu.be/mbSikIlDrEM editing a game
- step 9: https://youtu.be/j0y02e7OVhk
- step 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFXu0nQ8D5Y&feature=youtu.be
What is our homework?
- It is time for you to dedicate at least 30-45 minutes every evening to working on your app.
How am I being assessed today?
- You get a formative assessment today :-)
Standards we are covering today
As a computer scientist, you have:
- Confidence in dealing with complexity
- Persistence in working with difficult problems
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- The ability to deal with open-ended problems
- The ability to communicate and work with others to achieve a common goal or solution