I want you to work hard and learn. There are times when you may want to earn extra credit. Extra credit does not automatically improve your grade. Here are some things to think about before you accept an assignment for extra credit:
- The assignment will be graded with the same rigor as other assignments (extra credit isn't easy)
- You must treat an extra credit assignment as a regular assignment. If you do not turn it in, or do not meet the standard, you may further harm your progress
- You will have clear criteria (a rubric) for your extra credit
- Extra credit is almost always service-oriented. Your teacher alone determines what qualifies for extra credit.
- You must always ask for permission for extra credit prior to doing the work.