Difference between revisions of "Palindrome"
(Created page with "right|frame|This a problem set for you to work through <ref>http://www.flaticon.com/</ref> This is a problem set. Some of these are easy, others are far m...")
Revision as of 14:47, 8 January 2020
This is a problem set. Some of these are easy, others are far more difficult. The purpose of these problems sets are:
- to build your skill applying computational thinking to a problem
- to assess your knowledge and skills of different programming practices
What is this problem set trying to do
We are using slicing in a string to solve a fun problem.
A palindrome is a word, number, phrase, or other sequence of characters which reads the same backward as forward, such as taco cat, madam, racecar, or the number 10801.
Write a program which takes in a number of word and outputs if that number of phrase is a palindrome. The output should be "True" if the input is a palindrome or "False" if it is not a palindrome.
How you will be assessed
Your solution will be graded using the following axis:
- To what extent does your code implement the features required by our specification?
- To what extent is there evidence of effort?
- To what extent did your code meet specifications?
- To what extent did your code meet unit tests?
- To what extent is your code free of bugs?
- To what extent is your code written well (i.e. clearly, efficiently, elegantly, and/or logically)?
- To what extent is your code eliminating repetition?
- To what extent is your code using functions appropriately?
- To what extent is your code readable?
- To what extent is your code commented?
- To what extent are your variables well named?
- To what extent do you adhere to style guide?
A possible solution
Click the expand link to see one possible solution, but NOT before you have tried and failed!
A unit of abstract mathematical system subject to the laws of arithmetic.
Consider the merits or otherwise of an argument or concept. Opinions and conclusions should be presented clearly and supported with appropriate evidence and sound argument.
Produce a plan, simulation or model.