Recognize an image
This is a problem set. Some of these are easy, others are far more difficult. The purpose of these problems sets are:
- to build your skill applying computational thinking to a problem
- to assess your knowledge and skills of different programming practices
What is this problem set trying to do
How does a computer system represent an image? How does a computer "see" an image? This problem asks you to write a program which identifies 6 different images. You must understand that images are stored as pixel values within an array.
- Please download and save this file
- Please download the following images in the same directory as the file you saved. You will need to save image as.
You must write a program which detects the position of edges. You must accurately identify the image.
How you will be assessed
Your solution will be graded using the following axis:
- To what extent does your code implement the features required by our specification?
- To what extent is there evidence of effort?
- To what extent did your code meet specifications?
- To what extent did your code meet unit tests?
- To what extent is your code free of bugs?
- To what extent is your code written well (i.e. clearly, efficiently, elegantly, and/or logically)?
- To what extent is your code eliminating repetition?
- To what extent is your code using functions appropriately?
- To what extent is your code readable?
- To what extent is your code commented?
- To what extent are your variables well named?
- To what extent do you adhere to style guide?
A possible solution
Click the expand link to see one possible solution, but NOT before you have tried and failed!