Hardware, software, peripheral, network, human resources
In the contextThe circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed. of designing a system, defineGive the precise meaning of a word, phrase, concept or physical quantity. the following terms:
- Hardware: Component devices that are building blocks of computing device.
- Software: Any set of machine-readable instructions which directs a computer's processor to perform specific operations.
- Peripheral: Is a device connected to a host computer, but is not a part of it.
- Networka group or system of interconnected people or things.: A computer networka group or system of interconnected people or things. or data networka group or system of interconnected people or things. is a telecommunications networka group or system of interconnected people or things. which allows computers to exchange data.
- Human Resources: Is the set of individuals who make up the workforce of an organization.
These definitions are gratefully used (and modified from) this resource
Real-world practical advice
It is important you have a common definition when talking with other developers. YOU might think human resources means a department within an organization, however, SOMEONE ELSE might think differently. It's important to spend some time and come to a common understanding of terms in ANY project.
Do you understand this material?
You should be able to provide 2 or 3 examples for each of the above terms.
- DefineGive the precise meaning of a word, phrase, concept or physical quantity. the terms: hardware, software, peripheral, networka group or system of interconnected people or things., human resources.