Three-dimensional use of visualization
- This is good video to help you understand visualization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsE8jm1GzE
- We can use three dimensional visualization to see the relationship between word meaning
- This is solar exploration: http://stars.chromeexperiments.com/
- We can use three dimensional visualization to understand objects of huge scale (and very small scale)
- Please look at this 3D model: https://threejs.org/examples/#webgl_geometry_normals
- Please look at this 3D model: https://threejs.org/examples/#webgl_loader_playcanvas
- Please look at this 3D model: https://threejs.org/examples/#webgl_geometry_teapot
Some test questions and answers
- OutlineGive a brief account. a situation where 2D visualization would be more appropriate than 3D visualization.
- For example, a map showing the journey from one point to another;
- When only the route needs to be shown on a phone or otherwise;
- As 3D version could take up too much space;
- If no internet connection would be too slow;
An artist is planning to create a statue, but decides to do some planning before she starts.
- OutlineGive a brief account. the advantages, to the artist, of using a computer aided designProduce a plan, simulation or model. (CAD) and graphic processing software for 3D modelling, instead of a series of sketches drawn by hand, to experiment with designs.
- A series of sketches could show the designProduce a plan, simulation or model. from a limited numberA unit of abstract mathematical system subject to the laws of arithmetic. of angles; Whereas the CAD system would allow an initial wire frame to be constructed which could be rotated;
- Changes could be (easily) made and the effect of the 3D shape from other angles seen immediately;
- Easy to undo a change to the model, rather than erase part of the sketchRepresent by means of a diagram or graph (labelled as appropriate). The sketch should give a general idea of the required shape or relationship, and should include relevant features.;
- Easy to scale the designProduce a plan, simulation or model.;
- CAD files are less likely to get damaged than physical drawings;
- Note: Do not accept vague statements like “CAD is more precise”.
- IdentifyProvide an answer from a number of possibilities. Recognize and state briefly a distinguishing fact or feature. a three-dimensional use of visualization.