What are we going to learn today?
- We are going to beat you over the head with functions until you can write them in your sleep
- In our last class when I asked what the value of bug tracker was, people did not seem to understand. We are going to re-visit the question.
- Everyone will be required to submit an answer to a question on our class wiki, and hopefully start coding.
Standards we are covering today
- Apply analysis, design, and implementation techniques to solve problems (e.g., use one or more software lifecycle models).
- Describe a software development process used to solve software problems (e.g., design, coding, testing, verification).
What is the actual plan?
- Our programming review is very simple. We will be focusing on functions
- We will then work on our design project
What is your homework and when is it due ?
- We must work on our design project. Everyone is required to respond to Mr. MacKenty's feedback on the discussion page for your project. This homework is due at the start of our next class.
As a computer scientist, you have
These are the characteristics every computer scientist works towards.
- Confidence in dealing with complexity
- Persistence in working with difficult problems
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- The ability to deal with open-ended problems
- The ability to communicate and work with others to achieve a common goal or solution