What are we going to learn today?
- We are going to work through three problem sets using a new method of instruction
What is your homework and when is it due ?
- Please come to our class prepared to share three specific things you wish were different and three things you enjoyed about our time together this year. You will share this with our class.
What is the actual plan?
- I will describe our plan and clarify our homework for next class
Is this graded?
- your work will count towards a formative engagement / ownership of learning grade
Standards we are covering today
As a computer scientist, you have
These are the characteristics every computer scientist works towards.
- Confidence in dealing with complexity
- Persistence in working with difficult problems
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- The ability to deal with open-ended problems
- The ability to communicate and work with others to achieve a common goal or solution